Okay guys, you took the interview last week with this MNC IT Company, say IBM / Microsoft. Of course technically you are so sound. You were smug as a cat. All questions on your skills, you glided through. Told your parents that you’ve made it.
But the call never came, you are still waiting. After a week, a sneaking suspicion has crept into you that you’ve lost the job. Why hasn’t the call come through?
This happened to me, not once, not twice, but a dozen times. I would get a call from a big name company. In my eye(I’m also told by my circle of friends & relatives) that I’m terribly smart, quick on the uptake and strong in my domain knowledge. Although the interview questions were always tackled almost 100% correctly by me, the appointment call letter won’t come.
I was completely zapped. This left me wondering what was wrong with me. I worked harder at improving my domain knowledge and my actual working skills. Still where was the great job? One by one all of my friends were landing jobs in Microsoft, IBM. I was left behind.
I realized something was lacking in me which led to failure in interviews. I realized certain truths about me.
- My self confidence was superficial. In my heart of hearts, I didn’t think I was good enough for the great job.
- I didn’t focus on one job at a time. I would day dream about several opportunities and want all of them at the same time.
One-pointed Focus on the interview:
What worked for me finally was my total inner transformation and a little reliance on the vedic route to the vijaya or success.
I learnt to focus only on the interview at hand and not subconsciously think that the other big MNC job can be tapped if not this. I began to want the job with 100% of my heart.
Visualization & Materialization:
- I learnt to think as though I’m already through in the company that I was going to take interview with. Learnt into imagining wearing company identity card, sitting in the workstation talking to my colleagues, talking to my boss, being appreciated by my boss, enjoying goodies in company canteen. It would be a complete youtube video in color.
- I would think about what would I do with my fat pay cheque, what kind of new bike I’d buy, the places I’d visit, the gifts I’d give, never doubting for a minute this may not happen.
Help I got from the Vedic mantra:
Like most of you I am also not into religion on a daily basis, festivals of course because they bring great food.
I know you would be surprised that I, a techie am asking you techies to indulge in something as “vague” as a religious practice. But I swear, just try out and you won’t regret! No harm done, only benefits given.
I chanced upon this mantra for success & prosperity.
Aum Mahalakshmaye Vidmahe
Tanno Lakshmih Prachodayat
ॐ महालक्ष्मये विद्महे
तन्नो लक्ष्मिः प्रचोदयात्
The way to chant this mantra:
- Take a bath in the morning
- Face North
- Close your eyes
- Chant for the mantra 11 times
Do this everyday from the time you get the interview call and till you actually get the result.
Speaking from my experience, the interview success formula should have following elements:
- Well honed job skills.
- 100% focus on interview at hand.
- An ability to visualize & materialize the desired job.
- Chanting of vedic mantra for success and prosperity with a concentrated and calm mind.
Follow the above formula and the great job is yours!!
About Guest writer: Padmas Annamraju runs a software company in pune. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org She is a poet and delves extensively into the realms of spiritual knowledge. She has traveled widely in India.
About the Author: This post was written by a guest at Interview Mantra. If you are interested in contributing guest posts, contact us.